Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 57: 3, not 30.

13 January, 2010

My parents have very interesting ways of making me feel like being close to 3 years old, instead of 30. And I feel that the most when I go back home to Kerala for a visit.

My flight landed in Kerala late at night. Both my parents were waiting for me. Immediately stared the intense concern on what I have eaten and what I would like to eat. My mom had packed food for me which she insisted that I have on the ride back home in the car. After I convinced them that my stomach was overflowing with whatever I ate on the flight, my dad stopped the car in front of a late night store that sells snacks and drinks.

He got out saying he will get a drink but came back empty handed. Apparently the store only sold Coke and he knew that his darling daughter, i.e. me, preferred Pepsi. Yup, that was indeed true but that was the truth like 10 years ago. I told him I don't really care for Coke or Pepsi anymore but he insisted that he would get a bottle of Pepsi for me. He did finally, from another shop another 15 kms down the road.

And of course, there was a curfew and I was not allowed to switch on the computer and write my blog. After all it was past midnight, which explains the late entry for January 13th.

I would also like to mention that January 13th was also awesome because I finally fixed the main cast for my film after going through several hours of auditions and watching tapes of the candidates.

And needless to say, the day ended at a peak - Yup, I am home.

943 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment