Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 47: Saving $21 and Being Pampered

The last day of holiday time. I knew that I would be rather blue the whole day. So to cheer myself up, I had planned to go for a movie (Old Dogs) with hubby. Accordingly we made advance bookings for an evening show.

But by noon, I was feeling kinda ill. The flu from yesterday was continuing and I felt not upto the show. We were already outside for lunch and the plan was to go for the movie directly from there. But I happened to mention that I was not feeling too good, to my hubby. And he insisted that I cancel the movie plan and go back home to rest. But I felt terrible about that, I mean what a waste of $21! So I resisted. However, his persistence and my illness got the better of me and I came back home to rest.

An hour before the movie, I decided not to waste that $21 and dragged along my hubby to the theatre. With all the to and fro cab expenses, we probably saved only $8 or so.

What made the day special was not the $8 that we supposedly 'saved' but the fact that inspite of me being not very visibly sick, my hubby had no issues cancelling all plans and instead, just waste time at home. When we decided to go back to the movies he was pretty worried and was constantly asking me how I felt, what I wanna eat/drink, getting me to have all kinda medicines etc. So in the process of trying to save $21, I felt pretty pampered. And that always feels good.

953 more to go.

2 comments:

  1. :) a 'priceless' moment right there...straight out of a mastercard ad ;)

    ReplyDelete