Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 52: Invictus

January 8, 2010
Today was generally a nice day... one of those with nothing to write home about but still, which was pleasant throughout. But then late in the evening, I caught the movie 'Invictus' which culminated the day at a whole new level. Man, I loved it!

Like I have written before, I don't intend to make this blog a place for me to write film reviews but I must say that I absolutely loved this movie and it was the highlight of the day! I loved it for its story - a true story based on Nelson Mandela and I loved the way the story was so beautifully told. Not only was it a very good movie experience but it is always avery humbling and inspiring to catch a glimpse of the lives of such great people.

It would definitely be one of those movies that will not disappear from my mind and will pop up in any discussions on film I may have, for a long time to come. And each day that I come across such a movie, or for that matter such a story, becomes special on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment