Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 45: Welcome 2010!

January 1, 2010

Had a pretty interesting start to the New Year! Well, firstly I woke up at noon... that is really excusable considering that I slept only at 5 am after the New Year's Eve party, cleaning up, blogging etc.

And then I made audition videos. Yup, I am auditioning myself for my own film. I prefer not to act in the films I direct for convenience sake, but I am auditioning myself as a back up for any role that I might be suitable for. You could ask me why would I bother to "audition" since the film is my own and I could do whatever I want with it, but I am a sucker for fairness and to some extend perfection. So I will not be playing a role if I can find someone better suitable for it for the sake of fairness to that person as well as for making my film better.

But more than auditioning myself the great thing about making the videos was that I thoroughly enjoyed myself! The three chosen monologues were pretty interesting to work with and I realized how much I missed acting! Unfortunately a Malayalam play I was supposed to act in mid last year got cancelled and since then I have not had an opportunity to act. So today I had a couple of hours of amazing fun recording different monologues!

And then I finalized my new year resolution - make my film. Was a no-brainer, that one. Usually I have around 8 resolutions or so a year and I manage to get through them but this year it is going to be just this one.

Later had a great meal with hubby at our favourite Indian restaurant at Hotel Rendezvous and caught Sherlock Holmes at night. All very enjoyable.

So I believe I had a decent enough start to the New Year - doing something that I really enjoy, setting a clear goal, spending some quality time with hubby. Now need to see through the rest of it, having fun all the way.

955 more to go.

2 comments: