Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 108: Ear Piercing Partners

March 5, 2010

Over the past few days, I had written about how my mom is making me a partner of her newly developed excercise regime. She has gotten me to run 4kms thrice in the last 5 days as she goes on her walks on the treadmill. She has also been trying to make me a partner of her dieting plan as well, but with considerably less success. Today our partnership was taken to a whole new level.

I had to make some purchases for the official start of my film tomorrow and for that purpose, my mom and I were taking a stroll in Little India. As we passed the "Mukuthi Corner" shop, I told my mom that was where I had gotten my nose pierced a couple of years ago. She said that she have been toying around with the idea of getting a second hole pierced on her ears and entered the shop to "simply check the price". Upon confirming that it was as cheap as $15 for both ears together, she felt that it was quite a bargain but stood hesitating there because of her fear of pain. Then the shopkeeper (who I find really sweet for some reason) convinced her that it would be a completely painless process. Anyway before you know it, she got her ears pierced! After that she chose a pair of pretty earrings that she can change to after the wound heals in a couple of days.

Her post-piercing excitement was quite infectious. She kept repeating how this was a life long desire and that she couldn't believe she waited for so long to get it done because the whole process was such a piece of cake. She went on and on and out of the blue, I was convinced that getting a second piercing on the ears is the best thing that could possibly happen to any girl. So I too got my ears pierced (and I must say that it wasn't as painless as it was portrayed to be) and chose a pair of earrings that I can change to later as well.

So there we were. The Mom-Daughter Ear-Piercing Partners.

As we were admiring the beauty of our newly pierced ears in the shop's mirror, Mom commented how Goddess Mariamman blessed us today. Well, I don't quite see the point of that one with respect to the ear-piercing, since we had to pay and go through the pain. But yes, the experience was pretty special alright! We kept looking at each others' ears with a major sense of accomplishment and giggled through the rest of the evening!

892 more to go.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there. Just dropped by your blog and I happened to see my company name,Mukuthi Corner here,which was really appreciative. Honestly,i dont really remember your faces actually, but I'm really glad that you guys liked those piercings from our store. And thank you so much for remembering us. We hope to see you soon!
    Thank you

    -Mukuthi Corner

    ReplyDelete