Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 124: A Song for Me

Yesterday the beautiful thing in my life was that I decided to be the peacemaker and I waved the White Flag. After waving it, I went to bed. The recepient of the flag-waving, i.e. the hubby, spent a significant part of the night with his friends and got back home by 4:20 am apparently. So we obviously didn't get a chance to discuss the flag in the night.

This morning, I was in for a pleasant surprise. Firstly, we both were in good moods and were ready to forgive and forget. Almost, at least. I was ready to forgive and forget completely but hubby could not seem to get over the idea that I have painted a bad picture of his "communication skills" in the blog post. According to him, it sounded nothing like the actual conversation that took place between us. OK fine, I might have missed out some rather insignificant details but that was the overall gist. Anyway that's not the point.

The P.O.I.N.T is that, as I was writing yesterday's White Flag blog entry, the hubby was sitting in some cafe in Singapore penning down a Song for me! OK, not for me but for my film. Still, the film is mine and I like to think that the song was for me too. He was actually writing the lyrics for a potential song for 'Mausams'. That was like seriously "Awwwww" stuff for me and made my day today after I read it!

Here are a few lines from it:
Chahe koi bhi ho mausam
Sapnon ko karein chase hum
Yeh safar na ho kabhi khatam
Bas, aise hi beetein yeh Mausams.

876 more to go.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shilpa,
    I guess the fight or the so called White Flag thing was so required. I mean look at the lyrics yaar, truly awesome. so when is this song going to be recorded and we can all hear and humm to its tune. and Shivanu for any reason if you are reading Shilpa's blog with the comments, let me take this moment to wish you Good luck and I guess both of you are gifted writers.
    Anyways happy to know that, at the end of the day both are going happily to bed.

    ReplyDelete