Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 48: The Housewife

I went to office all bright and chirpy this morning, contrary to what I had expected to be on the first working day after a brilliant holiday time. Not sure why I was bright and chirpy but I think it has got to do a lot with the fact that I won't be working for long before my next break - 6 days in Kerala starting 14th Jan!

So anyway, it's good news that I did not feel blue on a Monday and I was quite productive at work too. However, by afternoon I was beginning to feel the effects of my continuing flu and I had to pack up and escape the freezing office earlier than usual. After a couple of hours of rest at home, I decided to cook.

Yup, C.O.O.K. For the second time within a week which is a record in my 27.5 years of existence. I don't know what prompted me to do it but I think I wanted to do something productive other than work Since I couldn't think of anything else that would be termed productive, I decided to cook. Post that, I took a shower and did a long puja and prayer, again something that I have not done for a while. Then I waited for my husband to come home. I served him tea and then dinner, both of which he seemed to enjoy (not that he had any choice, but still).

In short, for the first time after almost 3 years of married life, I experienced how it is to feel something like a housewife. Mallus would have heard the song "Poomukhavaathilkal Sneham..." which pretty talks about the ideal wife. I kinda felt like that today. Cooking, praying, waiting for husband's arrival, serving food.

Tomorrow I am sure to come back to my senses. But for today, this was great.

952 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment