Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 44: Goodbye 2009!

December 31, 2009

What a fabulous day to wrap up a fabulous year! If anyone had asked me how the year was during different times throughout 2009, I probably would have given different answers - from "awesome" to "downright pathetic". But as of today, the last day of the year, I can only really remember the events that made me happy. There were many of those, including the starting of this blog, but I won't list them down here. Instead, I will stick to what the post is supposed to be about - how this day, today, was special.

For starters I cooked. Yeah, it's a big deal. The last time I cooked was in November 2008. For an Indian married woman, it is some kinda sin to be not cooking for months at end. But my point of view is that I don't really enjoy it and neither me nor my husband go hungry because I don't cook. So why bother? Hence, I end up cooking about twice a year at max.

But today I cooked. Firstly because I realized that if I don't cook today, I would have spent an entire year, the whole of 2010, without cooking. I thought it would be a good idea to check whether I was capable of cooking or whether it was a completely lost cause. And I am happy to inform you that I successfully cooked two pretty decent dishes - one with egg and another with potatoes. Secondly, it helped that some close friends came over for dinner. It is always nicer if I have more people to enjoy my culinary skills than just my hubby.

That was the other cool thing about today. For the first time ever, some of our very close friends spent their New Year's Eve at our place. We ate, drank, played Pictionary (my team won!) and Twister. We watched some horrendous shows on TV as well and caught a bit of the Singapore New Year fireworks from our flat. It was all really, really fun! They left at 3:30 am and we enjoyed the evening throughout!

And last but not the least, I took a moment to pray. I don't pray frequently or consistently but I took a moment today - Just to say thanks for everything and also to put in my little request for a great year for everyone.

Here's to a wonderful 2010 and a fantastic new decade!

956 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment