Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 977: Pushing It!

Yesterday I couldn't sleep at all. I tried to, several times, during the day and night (it was a Sunday after all) but I just couldn't fall asleep.

Throughout my mind was whirling with things to do at work. I have some very critical deliverable and my mind kept going through what I need to get them done.

As a result of a disturbed night, lack of sleep and the fact that I am pushing my third trimester already, I was in bad shape today. There was too much fatigue and and I was very uncomfortable through the day.

But I did manage to finish a considerable chunk of the due deliverable, not without some significant effort at pushing myself, and sent it out to my manager in charge of the project.

Then I crossed my fingers and waited because if she thought that's crap, I wouldn't know what to do next.

The wait began to bother me and I wanted to take my mind off it.

In spite of the fatigue and pregnancy related discomforts, which by the evening had doubled in their strength, I decided to hit the gym and walk and cycle a bit.

So I did that. Getting to the gym required considerable effort at pushing myself but once I was there, it seemed like the best decision. Enjoying some good music, I walked and cycled a fair bit.

When I got back from the gym, I found the note from the maanger. She said what I sent her was "excellent"! I could literally feel a huge knot leave and my body relaxing completely.

And then I got something which I haven't had in weeks, thanks to the growing belly. I had the best sleep ever! Dreamless, painless, peaceful.

23 more to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment