Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 973: Being Chinese!

Today I found myself in an authentic Chinese restaurant, enjoying some authentic Chinese food, amongst a 100% Chinese crowd around me! I was the only Indian or non-Chinese around and I felt totally cool about it! The whole deal wasn't planned... I just happened to go shopping, got rather hungry in the process and instead of waiting for the hubby and a friend who were supposed to join me for dinner, decided to go ahead and eat first.

As I worked around my noodles, veggies and cup of Chinese tea, with the aid of a pair of chopsticks and ceramic spoon, listening to Chinese conversations flying all around me, I felt totally Chinese myself!

Don't think this has happened to me in all these years in Singapore, and it was beyond interesting!

27 more to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment