Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 957: 2am Parathas & Teh Halia!

It was one of those days... or rather nights, when you just don't seem to be able to fall asleep. Both the hubby and I were wide awake discussing everything from the newly discovered God particle, to work, to the upcoming child, to travel plans in the future, to what we should be doing on our shared birthday which is just a month of so away... without making much progress on any of these, I must add.

Then the inevitable happened. We got hungry. 

It was already 2am, so the hunger wasn't surprising. But then it was mildly surprising that we decided to act on it. Instead of going to bed and forgetting about the hunger, we decided to take a stroll, go to a nearby hawker centre and get something to eat. 

So we did. 

We walked to Al Afrose and stuffed ourselves with Onion and Egg Parathas and Teh Halia (Ginger Tea).

The food was good but more than that, I really enjoyed the experience. It reminded me of my film shooting & editing days ...or even university days, if I want to go that far back.... when I would be up for so late, in spite of the fact that it was a weekday, and then go around looking for food in the middle of the night.

Walking through the completely deserted roads of a very quiet Singapore, in those memories, really felt good! 

Small pleasures of life!

43 more to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment