Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 963: Birthday Shopping!

It was an uneventful day and was getting on my nerves after a point, so I decided that I wanted to make it somewhat eventful.

So in the evening, I set out for some shopping. Not just any shopping, but birthday shopping. Birthday shopping for the hubby. That is, shopping for gifts for the hubby's upcoming birthday!

Well, we share our birthday, so his birthday is still 37 days away, but I decided that there was no point in procrastinating. I had a fair idea what to give him, so I thought I might as well get it sooner than later. And most importantly it gave me something to do on an otherwise boring day!

So I shopped until my heart's content, thoroughly enjoyed the experience, came back and worked on the gift for a bit at home and felt super smug about the whole deal!

The hubby, when he got home, heard what happened. Of course, I didn't tell him what the gift is but I told him I went shopping for it. And he wasn't pleased at all! According to him, this simply means that he needs to work extra hard on his gift for me (remember, we share our birthday) and all this is just stressful! Sigh! Such lovable drama!

I assured him that I didn't go shopping because I wanted to give him a spectacular gift but instead, to have some fun myself. So it was a exercise meant for my own entertainment and not for his benefit - the latter is just a by-product. I also gently reminded him that in any case, I always have better ideas when it comes to gifts vs. him, so why bother.

After much reassurance, he was finally convinced and I was happy!

Great evening!

37 more to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment