Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 393: Inspirations

17 December, 2010

There are quite a few people who inspire me, for very different reasons. I find some people's talents and their commitment to excel in them, very inspiring. I find some others' big, generous hearts inspiring. Some others inspire me with their determination and absolute refusal to give up and say a "no". And then there are others who inspire with their sheer simplicity and lack of pretense of being anything else but what they really are. And all of them go a long way in getting me to look beyond what I could have thought of on my own.

Today the situation seemed to have changed a bit and I found myself with 5 emails from different people saying that I've actually managed to inspire them! Needless to say, it was a pleasant surprise!

It all started with the post I put up on a filmie site with all the gyan I could muster up on shooting an independent no-budget film (the link can be found here). A few people read it and some of them, mainly aspiring film makers, wrote to me saying that they are inspired to go make their own feature films post reading the article. That was really sweet and needless to say very encouraging....it somehow gives more reason to be doing all this than just about following a passion. Needless to say, it left me with a glowing heart and a smiling face (ok fine, my head also might have bloated a teeny, tiny inch).

Of course, I continue to look for inspirations. But once in a while, when you know you are on the other end for somebody else, that feels good too!

607 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment