Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 525: Telling Your Friends...

26 April, 2011

A very sweet thing happened today.

I bumped into a Chinese colleague of the hubby. She looked at me and the first thing she said was "When I see you, all I can think of is 'Mausams'!"

I was like, yeah that's fair enough. She was one of the non-Indians who made up about 20% of the total viewers in Singapore. I have met her about 2-3 times before for a short while and I could easily figure why Mausams is probably the only memorable thing about me in her mind.

Then she began to talk about how much she loved the movie, the script, the acting, the music etc. etc. She said that initially she was a bit taken back that it did not have live sound but dubs (non-Indians are usually not very accustomed to this I guess) and was pretty certain the next 2 hours would be tough. But later she apparently didnt think about it at all and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Obviously I was very happy with all the comments!

Then she said "i wish it was running for a bit longer, I wanted to bring all my friends. You know, I didn't tell any of my friends at first about this film but after I watched it, I was like damn... I should have told all of them!"

And that touched me so much! Because not just her but many people didnt want to invite their friends for Mausams before they themselves gave it the test ride. And this included a bulk of the Mausams team members too, which was something that had bothered me at the time. Of course, it is completely irrational to be bothered by it because my rational side did understand why people dont want to be blamed by their friends for wasting 2 hours of their time and $10 of their money. But the fact is that somewhere in my head, it did bother me in a small way.

But today, having a an almost-stranger, a Chinese at that, gushing about the film and telling me that she regrets having not told her friends, makes me feel (once again) that everything was worth it!

475 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment