Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 522: Supercool Aunty!

23 April, 2011

I had the good fortune of meeting a super cool aunty today!

It was a friend's birthday and she had invited us home for dinner and BBQ. Her mom is Thai and had made a very elaborate spread of the most amazing Thai food I've ever had in my life! Her green curry chicken is to die for! She had apparently been cooking all the way from 5am for the party and when we were there past 8pm she was still running around getting the BBQ right.

After she had satisfactorily fed everyone, she sat with her daughter's friends and began to chat. And that's when I realized that not only was she an amazing cook, but her sense of humour is out of this world! She kept a huge group of youngsters, all about 30 or more years younger to her, entertained for a good two hours.

I was completely taken by her zest for life and super cool attitude. She completely overshadowed the yoga and productiveness that I would have otherwise written about today! It was a real pleasure!

478 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment