Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 518: The Filmie Fanatic Visitor

I had written here about how a fellow filmie fanatic (and a complete stranger to me before Mausams) from India wanted to meet up with me during his visit to Singapore. He had read about Mausams and how it came about, in a newspaper in India and wanted to discuss the experience of making a film with me.

So yes, he reached Singapore yesterday for his week long tourist trip and met up with me today. Over some coffee, we discussed film making at length. I got to know that he has a bunch of friends who are all equally passionate about film making but who are at a loss on how to start on making one on their own. I shared all my experiences with him and gave him tips on how to go about it to the best of my knowledge.

At the end of it, he said that he feels confident enough to start on the work as soon as he gets back to India. His aim is to complete his first official short film by this August! A short while after the meeting, he called me up to tell me that he already spoke to his group of filmie friends in India and they have already begun to draft up a plan on how to overcome some of the issues such as the multiple locations (they are all working in different parts of India), resource constraints etc.

Well, I am definitely pretty happy for him and his friends! I hope they get to make their movie soon too! It is always wonderful to see someone's journey towards making their dream come true and even more wonderful if you get to play a teeny weeny bit in it!

Good luck to them!

482 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment