Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 519: Lip-Smacking Mallu Food to the Rescue!

20 April, 2011

There are some days which are just horrible. When nothing goes according to plan, when you feel like you wanna quit your job and want to run away from it all, when you feel like life is a rollercoaster but with more downs than ups.

Today was one of those days for me. These days, work in office is way too much and way too messy. And I can't say that I am enjoying it. To make matters worse, today was exceptionally bad. And the fact that there is nothing much else to look forward to post Mausams, is probably beginning to take a toll as well.

Anyway the point is, it was a crappy day. Until about 8pm. Then I figured that the day needs redemption and I had about 4 hours to make that happen.

So then I chose the most obvious route - Having an awesome meal!

So the hubby and I set off for the Mallu restaurant Mango Tree at East Coast Park and had the most amazing dinner of Tava Jhingdi (prawns) and the Mallu dishes of Appom, Idiyappom (my favourite Mallu dish), Kerala mutton curry and vegetable ishtu, all over a glass of red wine. And then we topped the dinner with some Rasmalai! I have been to Mango Tree a few times before but somehow the food never tasted THIS good! I mean it was really realy Yummilicious!! Aaaaah... I felt super satisfied by the end of it all.

I know am beginning to sound like a glutton but sometimes, having that super good meal is all that is needed to sweeten up a day!

481 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment