Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 516: Two Lovely Ladies!

I had written here about how one girl (a complete stranger to me at the time) had watched Mausams, contacted me, and had expressed her frustration about how the film was completely ignored by the local media in Singapore.

Today I got to meet her as well as her mother. Both of them had watched Mausams, liked the film and has expressed an interest in meeting me.

So yes, we met up. And I must say that I was most touched by their support to Mausams and their desire to do something for the project. While I was there, they were constantly brainstorming on how to get more people to watch the film, how to help me recover my money, so on and so forth. It doesn't matter how much of the plan would go through but their concern and initiative was truly touching.

A highlight of the conversation was also when they happened to talk about this short film they had watched several years earlier, done by a student from my university and how they had loved it at that point in time. After some probing, I realized that they were talking about the very film in which I had debuted as an actress! Called 'Crying in the dark', the film was made by a junior of mine from the university, who also happens to be the much coveted music composer of Mausams! The fact that this film came into the conversation like that was to me, the mother of all pleasant coincidences!

Anyway to cut a long story short, I had the nicest time chatting with the two of them. It is always inspiring to meet people who are so encouraging towards the arts.

So yes, it was a very pleasant evening!

484 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment