Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 521: Checks All the Way!

22 April, 2011

It was a great start to the long Good Friday weekend!

Firstly I did something that I have never done before - go for an 8am class of yoga on a public holiday. I was so super proud of myself! In fact I was already glowing by the time I reached the class - I was like "I am SO cool.. I woke up so early and got here on a public holiday!" - That bubble was immediately bursted when I saw that the class had at least 50 others. Still, I guess I continued to glow. This was my first yoga class in more than 2 months thanks to NZ trip, Mausams work and multitude of visitors... so as expected, it was nothing short of torture. But I lasted and I felt really good because my day had already become productive and it was only 10am!

After that great start, I had a good breakfast, watched one of the holiday movies on TV, worked for a bit (office work), took a siesta, watched Dum Maaro Dum (a newly Hindi film) which I enjoyed quite a bit, had a good dinner and a round of drinks with friends over a lot of random but fun chatter.

In short, it was an effective public holiday where I checked off pretty much everything I would have wanted to.

Exercise - check.
Socializing - check.
Work - check. (Even though given that it's a holiday, it would have nicer if the work was more creative than for office but still it counts)
Entertainment - check.
Relaxation - check.

Awesomeness.

479 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment