Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 225: Next Holiday

I had decided that I must release the movie, no matter what, next January. Otherwise it will just go on and on and on without a end in view and that's something I don't want obviously. I even have a tentative date - Jan 20th.

Also, after I complete the movie, I have decided not to take up any project the whole of next year. I will just do a bit of travelling and relax for an entire year. I figured that after the film is released, I would definitely deserve a long, good holiday. Plus it is my fourth anniversary next February, so it seemed like a good month to plan a holiday for.

Thus it was decided. I will visit Australia and New Zealand next year.

Travel plans always get me super excited and like everything else I want everything locked in right then and there. I decided to check out the fares and the flight timings and availability etc. etc. After much deliberation, the dates have been fixed. Feb 3 - Feb 16. This would be the longest holiday I would have taken since I started working more than five years ago. Even my marriage leave was shorter!

I called up Singapore Airlines customer service (their service R.O.C.K.S) to book the tickets by redeeming the frequent flyer miles. I spent about 20 minutes with them calculating and recalculating miles required for various itineraries.

I must say all that travel on work finally paid off! A ticket that would have costed me 2000 bucks, was mine for just 400 after the miles were used - that too for a complicated itinerary like Singapore --> Sydney --> Auckland --> Christchurch --> Singapore! Great deal! Am feeling rather clever for figuring out this deal!

So as of today my holiday planning begins and that makes feel all so AWESOME! TOTALLY looking forward to it!

775 more to go.

1 comment:

  1. sonam kapoors ski diving tweet made sensation in the film industry and then her snaps came up and it made an ultra sensation. who cares for Sonam now that our very own kerala born thrissur walli is all set to do the same and in a more fashionable manner. JAI HO SHILPA CHECHI, JAI HO.

    ReplyDelete