Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 219: Be Kind Rewind

24 June, 2010

I spent pretty much the whole of today on the flight from Geneva and singapore. Interestingly I didn't sleep even for a minute throughtout the flight... for that matter, I didn't even bother to get any sleep. Instead I read my book "A Fine Balance" for a considerable amount of time and watched four movies - Valentine's Day, The Ghost Writer, Edge of Darkness and Be Kind Rewind. I enjoyed watching all the movies, but absolutely loved Be Kind Rewind for two reasons - a) It has Jack Black in it whom I adore and b) It was a movie about a bunch of amateurs making their own movies, so that was highly relatable. Yeah, it was utterly nonsensical and ridiculously hilarious at times but I loved it! The struggles of the filmmakers within this movie was pretty much like all the stuff I come across also in my film making process and they were so freaking relatable! Sure, the guys in Be Kind Rewind had a pretty happy ending and I hope to have on too but for the time being, watching the film made me feel rather good!

781 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment