Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 213: Build-up to Raavana

18 June, 2010

I wanted to take an evening of no work, be office or film, before the long filming weekend and the upcoming Geneva trip after that. And I also didn't wanna spend any time at home nursing my annoying flu. And most importantly, I wanted to watch Raavan, one of the most buzzed films in recent history. The hype around it was humungous because of its celebrated cast and crew.

And hence most of the day was spent on reading the reviews flowing in, discussing them with friends, planning when to get out of office, what to have for dinner that would not leave me too full to enjoy the movie etc. and thereby building up the tempo to the final Raavan watching experience. This was of course, over and above the office work I had to do... but the Raavan frenzy helped to get through the day rather quickly.

Sure, the movie was not the best I've ever watched. So I dont think I can say Raavan, the film itself was what made the day beautiful since it fell short of expectations. But I can definitely say that I thoroughly enjoyed the build up to watching it. It will be ages before a movie that boasts of such a team would come by with parity hype around it, so this was fun!

787 more to go.

2 comments:

  1. raavan was actually quite an ok movie. much better than that tripe called rajneeti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I liked parts of both film but neither in entirety! Gonna catch the tamil version anyway. That's supposed to be a lot better.

    ReplyDelete