Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 208: Shoot at NUS

There is a place in NUS, my alma mater and one of my most favourite places on earth, which had almost been a second home during my days there. We had spent hours and hours rehearsing dance and plays in this spacious area and today we went back there to shoot a couple of scenes for the film. And it felt so awesome! Even though much of NUS has now changed, this space is still exactly the same as before. The rest of the team were complaining about the lack of air-conditioning, but I felt so much at ease there. I spent about 9.5 hours on the shoot there today (without even a loo break, I realized later), and absolutely loved it!

In fact, today we are officially behind schedule on shoot because a cast member had to leave half way for a business trip and we can't make up for that scene until much later. Still that didn't bother me. I had been through a lot of such road-blocking situations in that very same space in NUS for several years, so it left me more nostalgic than anything else. I guess the reality will settle in once I find myself with incomplete footage later on, but till then this rocks.

792 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment