Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 211: Mixed Bag again

Today was a really cool day! Like one of those days that's good not because of just one reason, but several. Yet another mixed bag.

a) I shared a bit of the edited portion of the film with the cast members and they were thrilled to watch it. They were as excited about it as I was and I felt that everyone is eager to work on the film with renewed energy! Such enthusiasm is infectious and always welcome!
b) Something unexpected happened at work that made me very pleasantly surprised! I could then go through the TON that I had to work on with far less boredom and actually managed to complete them all.
c) My first even intern reported to work today. He is my first direct report and it was an altogether interesting and fun experience!
d) A friend had put up pictures from our college days, on Facebook. Ah, just going through them, seeing my malnourished self from all those years ago, seeing my friends in different sizes and shapes from what they are now, all the ridiculous poses, smiles and laughter on camera etc. made me feel super nostalgic and got me to smile through the evening.
e) I had a great dinner with my mom and hubby at Shahi Maharani. It is probably the last proper dinner we would have together before I leave for Geneva and mom goes back to india next week. So we made the most out of it. While hubby and I enjoyed a glass of Sula each, my super happening modern-age Indian mom opted for vodka with lime cordial. After that we stuffed ourselves with Naans, Romali Rotis, Veg Korma, Chicken Shashlik, Hyderabdi Gosht and Masala Tea.

So yes, it was a kick ass day.

789 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment