Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 223: Nalan, My Hero!

28 June, 2010

If you read my post yesterday, you would have realized that I was craving for Chappati and Gobi Manchurian, a combination which my dear hubby finds downright atrocious and believes that only Mallus, like myself, can bring Indian cuisine to such pathetic levels. And he claimed that no self respecting restaurant will serve the two of them together.

Well, am glad to let you know that there is one not-so-self-respecting restaurant in Singapore which serves just that - Steaming hot Gobi Manchurian with nice, round Chappatis. Ha! I made the discovery today and the restaurant is none other than Nalan in City Hall. So I proudly thrusted the menu at my husband pointing to "Chappati" and "Gobi Manchurian". This was an unexpected discovery as I went there expecting myself to have Dosai. Anyway, needless to say I filled myself with two of those huge Chappatis and a bowl full of Gobi Manchurian. Yummmmm!

Hubby never thought highly of Nalan and now am sure his opinion of it has gone from "bad" to "rotten", but for me it has just gone from "good" to "AWESOME!" :D

In news other than my dinner, I also had a great day today at Bintan (an island in Indonesia) on an offsite. We were taken to Club Med and it was rather nice there. The resort was great, the view of the ocean was awesome, the activities at the offsiter were fun, I met some nice people and all in all, had a pretty happy day!

787 more to go.

2 comments:

  1. gr8 discovery!!!!!! pl post ur hubby`s comments 2......on ur ureka

    ReplyDelete
  2. He simply grimaced. I left him speechless. :P

    ReplyDelete