Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 215: In the World of Books

20 June, 2010

Today something unpleasant happened at the shoot. I don't want to go into the details but it left me worried for the rest of the day. But then I had to catch a flight to Geneva - my first business trip there, and after worrying over the incident until I got to the airport, I decided to leave it behind me.

I promptly went to the book store and spent a good 40 minutes there. I browsed throught the books, reading the summaries and the author biographies and figuring out which ones to buy. I had decided to buy two - a pleasant one for light reading and some heavy stuff, the kind that wins the Booker.

I sat down on the floor of the book store with about 10 books spread around me - trying to zero in on the two I would buy. Just thinking about the books took me to a whole different world far from my work and my film or the incidents related to it and honestly, even the purpose of the business trip.

It felt awesome, really. After deciding on Six Suspects by Vikas Swarup and A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry, I was satisfied.

Books - You can always count on them.
785

1 comment:

  1. Great choices!
    A fine balance is one of my all time favs. but it did leave with me a very sad feeling - the kind that pulls you all the way down - after I read it. So I would suggest having something at hand to cheer you up after you finish reading it..
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete