Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 170: Calm before the Storm

6 May, 2010

I am writing this blog one day later for a reason. May 6th started with another 6:30 am yoga class. After that I had a ton of work in the office and ended up working late in spite of having grands plans of leaving early. I had more scheduling work, prop preparation and costume work for the shoot. In short, it was a very busy day.

As I got done with everything by around 8pm, the realization dawned upon me that the film shoot was to begin in a day's time. Which means I will not be able to have a breather for a long time to go. And I am really OK with that. I mean, I am really looking forward to the shoot and I am not complaining at all. But I still felt that I should just do nothing for a bit. Just enjoy a bit of calmness before the storm.

So in the evening, I just came back home and relaxed on the couch, chatted with mom-in-law and hubby. I enjoyed a pack of my favourite grape-apple juice, had a good dinner made by mom-in-law and then hit the bed early. I didn't want to switch on the computer - it would mean more work somehow and I just didn't want any work-related thoughts related in my head - be it office work or film work or even blog work. I just wanted an empty brain.

And it was successful. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and felt very much at peace. Now I am very excited about the shoot. I say, bring on the storm.

830 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment