Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 138: Dhol!

4 April, 2010

The best part about north Indian weddings is the Dhol, I think! Dhol is a type of drums that they play during the weddings and the guests dance to it. My first experience with the Dhol was during my own wedding three years ago. That time I was very fascinated by the exciting beats and how everyone danced to it. It is like soooo energetic that you can't help but dance to it. I used to itch join the others and dance with them as well but in an attempt to look like a poised bride and not a mad one, I used to restrain myself.

Today, the groom arrived for the wedding and to celebrate his arrival, the Dhol players were called too. And I got to realize a dream of the past three years. I danced and danced and danced to the dhol until I was sweating in a manner that would easily beat 4 sessions of hot yoga. Fun!

862 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment