Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 640: Fireworks From Above!

21 August, 2011

The most fascinating thing happened today!

I was on the flight from Singapore to Manila and just as we were about to land in Manila, I noticed (thanks to my window seat) a fantastic display of fireworks far below!

I have seen several displays of fireworks before but usually, just like how they are meant to, they always started at the ground level and burst into colourful formations high above my head. But today, I got to see them rise from the ground and burst into what looked like tiny sparkling lights far, far, below where I was!

It was such a rare sight and an awesomely beautiful one at that! Ah! Definitely a great welcome to the Philippines!

360 more to go.

P.S. A bit of googling tells me that the fireworks were possibly for the Ninoy Aquino day celebrated every August 21st in Philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment