Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 639: IOK Shoot Begins!

20 August, 2011

Yeah, as the title has so straight-forwardly pointed out, IOK shooting began today! The shoot went all the way from 8 am to 5:30 pm with a couple of hours of break in between. All for canning just a 3-minute scene, mind you!

Oh and what was even more interesting was that this time I was acting too! Even though we had rehearsed a few times, it was still a pretty different experience when the actual shoot takes place because I had to really switch between being the actor and the director which was far more difficult than it seems!

However it was still a lot of fun. For the first time, I actually felt like I had an extensive crew - I had not 1 or 2 but FOUR rock solid guys helping me out with the cinematorgraphy and the production work such as holding the boom pole and fixing the tripod and testing the audio etc. etc., which was awesome! Given that I was acting in this scene, it would have been impossible for me to work this on my own, so this was simply great!

I think the footage has come out OK... considering there was no one really monitoring the acting while the shots were being canned and it was really the first time we were working with love sound and SLR cameras.

Anyway, more of it can only be gauged once the editing begins but for today, this was really an awesome experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment