Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 632: Drama, Film, People, Fun!

13 August, 2011

It was one super hectic but super fun Saturday. Here are the highlights!

a) Early in the morning I went to one of the Indian International schools here in Singapore to meet up with a couple of teachers who had invited me over. They wanted to talk the possibility of me giving a drama workshop to the students, before they kickstart the preparations for their annual theatre performance. Needless to say I felt pretty good at being given the opportunity for something like this! I had a very interesting conversation with them, we bounced off several exciting ideas and at the end, decided to further pursue this after checking whether the schedules work for both parties. I must also mention that I got to eat some awesome idlis and vada over a cup of masala tea at their canteen! Wouldn't mind doing a workshop just for that!

b) Then there was a mad rush to run a few errands but in a nutshell, everything I wanted to do for the day was successfully done, including getting a videomic for our new short film (which we will be shooting in live sound!)

c) There was another round of rehearsal for IOK - louder, crazier, and more fun than before. The team, whether it is progressing with the film or not, is definitely having a ball hanging out together under the pretext!

d) After all that excitement, I settled down to watch yet another Malayalam movie - Arjunan Sakshi. It was an extremely well made film with a very different plotline and pretty good performances. I was pleased!

So yes, a day of drama, film, people and a lot of fun!

368 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment