Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 629: Picture Time!

10 August, 2011

I had written here about the IOK photoshoot. Today I took the time to flip through all of those pictures (there were easily 1000s of them!) and finally zeroed in on a few nice ones that I though would be good material for my poster work.

The whole process of going through the pictures was a lot of fun because
a) Everyone looked like they were pretty nice, sweet, good boys and girls in their white dress code.
b) Everyone also looked pretty ridiculous in a lot of the pictures as they posed in a variety of postures and expressions.
c) The "behind-the-scenes" pictures were quite something and much more entertaining given their candidness. But also, they made me live through the photoshoot experience once more which I obviously enjoyed!
d) I was, for the first time, involved in this photoshoot as a cast member... so there were a lot of ridiculous (as well as sweet & nice) pictures of me also, which was definitely interesting to go through. One key point I must mention is I was quite surprised how good my hair can look when I brush it! Surely, a good make up tip for the future.

So yes, going through the pictures was super fun but what was more interesting was that I had like 4-5 pretty decent poster ideas at the end of it. It made me confused because all you need is 1 poster for a short film of this scale but I would have like 5! Ah well! Next step would be to really narrow my options down and focus on a few.

While I was excited about all the poster ideas, I was also eager to share at least something visual from IOK with the world. While a poster would take some work (designing, fine tuning, adding title/credits etc.) and hence more time, I thought I will just share one of the nicer pictures from the lot as a simple "cast picture" vs. a poster.

So here you go... presenting to you, the cast of Inganeyum Oru Katha, my little Malayalam film.



371 more to go.

2 comments: