Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 284: Mumbai!

30 August, 2010

It's my first visit to Mumbai in 12 years. It's also my first ever business trip to India. So am super duper excited about it for some reason! Of course, food has a lot to do with it! Here's all that made me smile today:

a) Chatty cabbie who drove us from the airport to the hotel, who spoke excellent English about the heavy monsoon in progress that will ensure there is enough water for the rest of the year.
b) Having excellent Masala Kichdi and Masala Chai for lunch.
c) Getting half way through a horrendous presentation deck that I have been working on for a while.
d) Doing my hot yoga in the hotel room, even though it was not that hot, but still made me feel awesome!
e) Chatting over the phone with my best friend (who is in Mumbai) all the way from good, old school days!
e) Visiting a mall that took 45 minutes one way and 10 minutes the other, thanks to the unpredictable traffic.
f) Having Schezwan Fried Rice and Veg. Manchurian topping with Rasmalai for dinner.
g) The poor lady and her poor 3-4 year old who beamed and waved frantically from their shack at our car, at the sight of the caucasian seated next to me. She returned the wave much to their delight.
h) The two kids who were swinging from a rope tied under a lorry and seemed completely in bliss.
i) Educating my colleagues about India... my knowledge about the country amazed me myself! I was stumped only when they asked me the ingredients to everything that they ate.

A fantastic start to the first-ever India business trip! So happy!

716 more to go.

3 comments: