Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 270: Transaction Completed!

16 August, 2010

I had a major deadline to meet today. Today was the day that I were to pass all the miniDV tapes (36 of them) together with a 1TB hard disk of all the film's footage to the my editor-friend's brother who would in turn pass them to the editor-friend who resides in Abu Dhabi. Time was of absolute criticality because today was the last day the editor-friend's brother would be in Singapore, and missing this opportunity would mean that I have to courier everything to Abu Dhabi which would be a waste of time, effort and money. This was also the reason why I was killing myself and the team to complete the shoot last weekend itself so that I have enough time to upload the footage and pass them on.

So ever since the shoot was completed, I had been working day and night trying to upload all the footage to my Mac, categorize them all by scenes, transfer them to the PC which in turn transfers everything to the Windows-compatible hard disk. I am writing all these details here because it was a pain to get it done with the 500GB of data that I had to process.

But finally it was all done. And the transaction was completed today. Now I can really sit back because the ball is in the editor-friend's court.

May the editing begin!

730 more to go.

1 comment:

  1. Transaction received. well now its all upto me to play the game and give it back to you. so all those followers of Shilpa ka blog, please pray that i may be able to do justice to this project and give good results to the whole team associated with this project.

    ReplyDelete