Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 267: Birthdays and Cakes

13 August, 2010

I had written here about how all I wanted for my next birthday is the chance to cut a cake. And today that happened! Yay!

The birthday is still two days away, on the auspicious date of August 15th, but my generous manager arranged for a cake and candles to celebrate my birthday today! This was really great because I actually had a cake all to myself. Usually birthday celebrations in office mean all the birthday babies of a particular month gathering around a single cake and blowing out that single candle in the monthly birthday ritual. It makes you feel less like a birthday baby and more like an attendee at a public festival. So having a cake all to myself today, for an unexpected celebration in the pantry, totally rocked!

So yes, here is to turning 28 in two days' time. It is indeed starting on a good note and hopefully it would be as good as the year that passed by.

733 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment