Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 263: It's a Wrap!

9 August, 2010

I know I will never forget this day. Never ever.

Because today's the day I completed the shoot for Mausams, my first full-length-miniscule-budget-independant film.

It's rather unbelievable!

I think I was overly ambitious with this project and it had met with about more than a 1000 roadblocks over the last few months but today the shoot's finally done! We have shot about 35 hours of footage for a 1.5 hours film over the course of 10 weekends. And now it's over. Phew.

Interestingly, once the shoot ended, realization strikes that it isn't about the end product anymore but the fun was all in the making of it. And what fun! I had a kickass team, like an amazingly enthusiastic and fun team, and I had a blast with them!

I also felt that the shooting ended rather grandly with fireworks! For the uninformed, today's Singapore's National Day and the venue we were shooting at, the Arts House, is right next to padang where the National Day Parade happens. Every year post the parade, there are major fireworks. I happened to be outside doing a last minute location recee for my very final scene when the fireworks began. I was like surrounded by fireworks in all directions and being a rather filmy person, I imagined that the universe was celebrating the end of Mausams shoot! It was surreal!

Once the final scene was shot and I called it a wrap, the team got together shouting and screaming and hugging and clapping and jumping and we had an awesome time! Am gonna miss the bunch! Sure, there is still dubbing and such work left, but it wont be the same. This was an experience worth every bit of effort put into it!

So in short, it was an amazing day, an incredibly beautiful one!

737 more to go.

4 comments:

  1. Well done Shilpa,cant wait to catch the sneak preview.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! How exciting! Now the editing/post-production fun begins huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! Still a long way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete