Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 268: Birthday Eve

14 August, 2010

I think today was a great birthday eve to have! It was productive, packed with activities and a lot of fun. Here's all that I did and enjoyed today:

a) Completed the upload of all of the film's footage and categorized them properly to be sent to the editor. With this, all that I had to do until the first cut edit, has been completed. Now it is real break time from the film for 3-4 weeks.
b) Had an awesome lunch at Swaadhisth of chappathi, egg chettinad masala, prawns masala and soda lime.
c) Watched Peepli Live, easily one of my most favourite Hindi films ever!
d) Bumped into two of my cast members from the film, at the movie theatre. Looks like with no more shoots around, people are getting back to some routine movie watching! Had a nice time chatting with them.
e) Went for the wedding of my room-mate from junior college. She and I had been in the same room for two whole years and have had a lot of fun during those times. So it was really great to be part of her big day!
f) Hung out at Clarke Quay for about 4 hours with friends through midnight and beyond. They got a cake as well, but this time it was not my own as I shared it with my husband, whose birthday is also on the same day (yeah, it's the father of all coincidences, I know). What was interesting was that the cake came up with a dry-ice set up, and that was totally cool because I was really hoping for a up and close experience with dry ice! When I was at my ex-roomie's wedding in the evening, they had a dry ice welcome as the newlyweds entered the dinner hall. I was always fascinated by dry ice and I had a fleeting thought in my mind that it would be nice to have some of that around me also. It makes one feel that she is floating on the clouds! And what are the chances that God would actually act on that fleeting thought?! The cake my friends ordered, came with the fumes of dry ice hovering around it. I felt pretty close to being on the clouds with that!

And now it's time for being 28.

732 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment