Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 282: Working Saturday

I actually had to work today. Over the weekend! I don't think I had done that for a few years now. The reason is that I will be travelling to India and China over the next two weeks and I really want to travel in peace, so wanted to make sure that all that's pending is caught up with.

And so I worked and worked and will be going back to work after this blog is done. But it's OK. It's not like I felt tortured by it. The hubby was around to provide the necessary entertainment and I actually had a good day!

But the highlight was the excellent dinner at our favourite restaurant Ivory Kitchen (their Garlicci Prawns is Amazing!), where I continued to get some entertainment from the hubby. Here's an excerpt:

Me: I met Ms.abc (assume a girl's name) after a long time yesterday.
He: Oh. She's a weird girl.
Me: Well, not many people think so. She has a lot of fans, you know.
He: Maybe. But she is definitely confused.
Me: Well....
He: I can never go for someone confused.
Me: I wasn't asking you to "go for" her. But in any case, why can you never go for someone confused?
He: Because I am confused. So how can I go for someone confused? If I say "I have no clue, do you?", she will say "I also have no clue." Just imagine! (shudders at the thought of it).
Me: Do you mean to say that you are confused and I am not confused?
He: When did I say you are not confused?
Me: Well... you did "go for" me.
He: Oh(obviously regretting what he said by now).
Me: Well...?
He: But you are dumb.
Me: I am not dumb.
He: Yeah. Not exactly "dumb". But you are like that guy in "Pink Panther".
Me: Am sorry.... what?
He: Yeah. "Completely lost but brimming with confidence" (quoting a line from the film).
Me: So you are saying that am completely lost?
He: *blinks*
Me: AND you are saying that am over-confident?
He: *blinks*
Me: AND you are saying am dumb?
He: *blinks*
Me: Well?
He: Oh. Obviously I didn't think this through.
Me: No. You didn't.

Any weekend when you have to work but you feel good in spite of it, has to be a good day. And today was one such day!

718 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment