Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 86: Good Things Happen at Work Too

If you have been reading my posts on this blog, one thing you might have noticed is that I hardly ever have a special day because of something that happened at work. Now don't get me wrong. I don't hate my job. I really don't. But I don't think I am crazy about it either. So usually it is something that is outside of work that makes me smile and come to the conclusion that this world is one rosy place.

BUT, I am glad to let you know that today at work was great! I had a change in my assignment four months ago and usually such changes are accompanied by steep learning curves. I was given a few projects to handle and I had a very crucial deliverable to make, something for which I had a very short time to work on. So I slogged over it for a few months on top of all other projects. Not only did I have work on it, but when something of this importance is being worked on, I need to get the agreement from a million people as well, including dudes at the top of the ladder. So it was all a bit painful.

The good news is that as of today, whatever I had worked on, has been wholeheartedly accepted by even the top guys, and in return I got a few good words said about me. Yup, I know it sounds totally frivolous but what the heck, I am so happy! :)

914 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment