Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 102: Rehearsals and Fake Calls

Interesting day. It started off fantastically enough with an enthusiastic cast member reaching 2.5 hours earlier than the required time for rehearsals. After about 5 hours of pretty encouraging rehearsals, I was feeling quite good about life.

Then I decided that I wanted to have South Indian food and made my way to Madras Woodlands with hubby. Having eaten a Paper Dosai, Curd Vadai and Veg Cutlet, I felt even better about life.

Then I realized that I have lost my phone. Now, that did cause a dent in my otherwise rosy perception of life. It was rather upseting. After all, it's a waste of money. But in the quest of looking at the brighter side of life, I decided that it is a good thing since now I can buy a new phone. I bought a cheap temporary Samsung phone while waiting for vouchers from Starhub (mobile service provider) that would enable me to get an iPhone at $100 less after a few days.

And this interesting new phone of mine is going to be a key enabler in me skipping awfully boring conversations or meetings. Since I discovered that it has a "fake call" service! Never heard of that before!

Assuming am in the middle of a horrendous discussion I wanna get out of, I can pretend am just looking at the time on the phone or something and set the fake call. After a few minutes, it gives me a fake call, which I can then pick up and pretend that something serious somewhere has happened that requires my urgent attention, thereby putting a fullstop to the dull conversation am in the middle of. Now that my friends, is what I call a useful application! :D

And yes, life is back to being rosy now.

898 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment