Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 860: Basheer!

I am taking to reading in a big way these days, given that there is much less to do... Rather, much less that I can possibly do, these days.

And am very happy to announce that I am starting on my favorite Malayalam author, Vaikkom Mohammed Basheer, now. I like his works so much that once I had even adapted one of his short stories for the stage, and put up a play. This was a long time ago, in 2008 - it was one of the three plays under my production 'Kathaah' and this story was called 'Mathilukal'.

So yeah, I have always loved his style of writing and when I last went back to Kerala, I bought a set of his complete works - two HUGE books.

I didn't get a chance to take on these two mountainous books before, but now it feels like the best time. So I have started and am thoroughly enjoying myself!

It is indeed Basheer to the rescue!

140 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment