Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 837 & 838: Verve Entertainment!

5 & 6 March, 2012

I was supposed to write this post (or at least a huge part of it) yesterday because that's what I had very proudly proclaimed a few days ago - that I will write the daily post on the day itself vs. bulking it up after a few days. And I was all set to write the post too. But I couldn't because this stupid, awful site called www.godaddy.com, a domain registration site, simply didn't work!

Here's the story.

Sometime ago I had mentioned that my editor of Mausams and Inganeyum Oru Katha, whom I happened to know via a chance meeting on the internet, quit his family business in UAE and moved to Mumbai to start a production house full time. This is, of course, super cool stuff and I was very happy for him!

Given that sometimes things don't move efficiently at all in India, it took him several months to register his company name, and it was only a few days ago that he managed to register "Verve Entertainment"! Again, a great milestone & fantastic moment for him!

Yesterday he asked me for a "favour" which was then re-written as "a gift". It was that he wanted me to register the internet domain names for Verve Entertainment for him which he liked to treat as a kind of an "inauguration" of his company's presence in this world, thereby getting me to leave a "lasting touch" on his company! How incredibly sweet is that?!

I was truly touched by the gesture and of course, I agreed to do it!

And I wanted to write this post after I managed to register the domain names but as luck would have it, the stupid site didn't work the whole night!

But I managed to register the sites today via a different site and that actually helped me have not one but two beautiful days in a row - Yesterday, because he made this very sweet request and completely made my day; And today, because he couldn't stop gushing about it once I completed the registration, once again completely making my otherwise pretty pointless day!

Here's wishing Verve Entertainment a truck load of success! May they make some of the best creative work India, and the world, will ever see! God bless him!

162 more to go.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Shilpa. This means a lot to us. We will continue to deliver good products & in the process make this company a renowned brand. Fingers crossed..

    ReplyDelete