Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 846: Mausams & Hollywood?!

I had written here about how I got an email from a producer's representatives company based out of US regarding distribution opportunities for Mausams. In that note, they had asked for a call with me for discussions and this morning I had the call!

These folks had watched Mausams (they heard about the film at the Dhaka festival and had later gotten a DVD from me) and said it was a "really fun, happy film" and were eager to push through for a contract whereby they can represent the film in US, Europe and beyond for network distribution, DVDs, Video on Demand etc.

I stuttered and stammered through half that call because I was in utter disbelief that a bunch of Americans found the movie good! I was in even more disbelief that if this contract pushes through (am still working on the terms & conditions), it would mean that Mausams, my tiny little Mausams, will have a Hollywood agent, based right out of Beverly Hills, California!

Un.Freaking.Believable!

Anyway, no point jumping the gun here. Things are still being worked out, but for today, this was more than enough to make me feel on top of the world!

154 more to go.

6 comments:

  1. fantastic! well-deserved recognition :) all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am telling .. ur mausams has machao'd more dhols than the much talked about mausam!!!! very happy for u...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....who would have thought! :) thank you so much! :)

      Delete