Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 845: IOK Trailer First Draft!

Today this really cool friend of mine, who happens to be the cinematographer of Mausams and IOK, out of the blue, pulled a really cool surprise!

Several weeks ago, he had taken the IOK raw footage from me and said that he wanted to attempt a trailer. To be honest, I didn't think that a trailer was necessary because it was only a short film. But he was keen on working on one, so I gave him all the footage and let him be. And then I forgot about that conversation.

Today he shared with me a draft of the IOK trailer and I thought it was totally cool! It showed just what was enough for piquing interest about the film, giving a good idea of its premise, but not giving too much away (kinda hard for a short film) and it wasn't some shoddy trailer that's simply a montage of frames from the film put to some music (which is what usually Malayalam trailers look like - they hardly tell you anything about the film at all!)

So yes, as you can see, I was really happy and excited to see it!

Of course me being me, with my obsessive compulsive disorder, asked him to make a few changes but very soon the IOK trailer will be released! Bloody excited!

155 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment