Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 921: Mangoes!

Indians love mangoes. At least that's what I have noticed around me. Mangoes were never a big part of my life when I was in India, but after I got to Singapore I realized that the Indian expats always rave about mangoes - everyone seem to have an opinion about what the best types of mangoes are, what time of the year the mangoes come by, how the mangoes in Singapore never match up to the high Indian mango standards, etc. etc. With these discussions around me, I had grown a considerable interest in mangoes over the past few years.

But I think my fellow Indians may have a point when they seem to be so dissatisfied with the quality of mangoes available here, because in spite of my piqued interest in this fruit and several occasions of tasting them, I had never come across any sample that's made me fall in love with The Mango.

Until today, that is.

Today, I had the most amazing mangoes for dinner! And the best part - my in laws had found them in the wet market right next to my house. In other words, there is indeed something like awesome mangoes and they are available right where I stay!

So here's to the Mighty Mangoes and my new found love for them!

79 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment