Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 827: Farewell, Friends, Salted Caramel & Work!

Today was the farewell dinner of one of my closest friends in Singapore, who also happens to be the hero of quite a number of my films including Mausams and the currently in-progress Inganeyum Oru Katha. He is moving to India to do his MBA very soon and some of us, the common friends, threw him a farewell dinner today.

The venue was Canopy. This time, to get there, I took a nice long walk through Bishan Park all the way from Bishan Junction 8. It was a considerably long walk but I enjoyed it a lot! It was my first time walking through this park post all the construction that has been going on there over the last few years and I was amazed at how much it has changed!

It has a very lovely landscape, great jogging and biking tracks, several eating places and I loved the whole new look with all the bridges, funky seating areas, the stream running through (all man made!), the boulders scattered along and over the stream, etc. etc. It was all very nice!

Then, meeting this friend as well as rest of gang at Canopy and having a long, fun dinner was definitely a highlight! I had the most awesome time ever! There were about 10 of us and we spent a few hours eating and drinking and chit chatting about the most random stuff!

Then we made our way to the Salted Caramel at Upper Thomson road, in quest of dessert when there was none available at Canopy. It was my first time there, but I realized that salted caramel (yes, caramelized icecream with salt!) is indeed one of the most tasty things mankind has ever made! Yummmmmm!

After the dessert, a few of them came over to my place - not for further partying, but to WORK!

Yep, some of these guys are part of IOK, including the friend whose farewell it was, and they had to do a last minute dubbing. OK, I did feel kinda bad about making them do it - it's not exactly what someone wants to do on a Friday night, close to midnight, especially when it was your farewell dinner etc., but one can't help these things you see! So they came over, and while the dub was done successfully, we actually spent more time joking around and laughing so much that I started to tear! In other words, I had a ball!

Post dub, the rest of them left (it was 2am) and I started to work on syncing the dub files, going through some sound design work, doing another round of the titles and credits work etc. It is now 5:57am and I am still not done with all of it.

But I guess that doesn't matter. What truly matters is that I had a great evening with some of my closest friends and had a ton of fun, while discovering the supercool taste of Salted Caramel as well as being incredibly productive!

173 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment