Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 812: Remote Consumer Work!

I am sure I have said this before somewhere on the blog, but let me repeat. I love doing consumer research as part of my work! It is always eye opening to listen to total strangers talk about their lives, habits, inspirations, thoughts about anything and everything including dandruff shampoos!

I had not been to any consumer research for a while but for the last two days I had been remotely (i.e. via videocall) participating in a focus group discussion. And I had a ball doing it! Two whole days of listening to a bunch of young & old men and women just talk, talk and talk!

Not only was it inspiring and encouraging, but I managed to lock what I believe are pretty good product concepts, post the research! I loved all the debriefings, discussions, multiple concept revisions as we learn more and more things from the consumers, and finally locking something that the consumers like and we like too! So it was fun as well as very productive. Awesomeness!

188 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment