Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 820: A Film Project Commission?

A very interesting day!

I, in a way, got my first commissioned film project. In the sense, someone has requested me to make a film for them, and that too pretty seriously. It is not one of those several conversations you have with enthusiastic individuals who will say "we must make a film together" etc., but nothing seriously comes out of it. It was a very earnest request backed up with thoughts of plots, budgets etc. so it was pretty interesting!

The conversation on this had started a few days ago but today I met up with the guy (and his wife) who is the driving force behind it.

There is a question mark in the title of this blogpost, instead of an exclamation mark, because I am still struggling to figure out whether I will be able to do this project mainly due to time constraints. I already have some other commitments for the months ahead and I am figuring out whether it would be possible to take this up at all. Also, to be very honest, I have my doubts about how well I can make a film for someone else. Till date, whatever I have made, was purely for myself - whatever that appealed to me in whichever way it pleased me. But making something for somebody else - phew, it's definitely a totally different ball game! So yes, that's a question mark.

Having said that, the discussion today, that lasted for several hours over some awesome Italian food followed by McDonald's Himalayan Chai Latte, was inspiring and exhilarating! After several to and fro ideations, I was able to form a clear picture of the plot in my head. Also, I found both of them (i.e the husband and the wife) really fun to talk to! We not only talked work but had a ball otherwise too!

At the end of it all we agreed that as a next step, I will draw a rough script up so we have an idea on what is really needed to turn this into reality.

More details on what this film is about and for what purpose etc. will come up later once it is decided that I will definitely be taking it up. But for today, I had an awesome filmie meeting with some really cool people!

180 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment