Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 821: Singapore Airshow!

In my 13+ years of being in Singapore, I haven't even once attended its very famous Airshow. Don't ask me why. I just didn't.

But this year, thanks to a bunch of enthusiastic friends, I ended up going for it.

And it was really fun! Sure, the hubby got himself late and hence we missed pretty much most of the aerial displays and sure, I ended up taking more photos of people than aircrafts indicating rather a weak interest in the latter, but still it was a lot of fun!

There were thousands and thousands of people braving the hot sun and walking around in that huge, and I mean really really HUGE open space, admiring the aircrafts, enjoying their cones of ice cream and hot dogs, taking pictures left, right and centre, enjoying the Hawaiian live band that was playing, sitting and relaxing under the wings of a bomber when the sun becomes too hot (nope, I am not making this up), going into the air conditioned exhibition halls and settling in comfortably on the floor with their picnic baskets and having their curd rice and paav bhaji with their extended families (yup, this spectacular sight was provided by fellow Indians of course), converting those awesome fighter pilots to mere photographers and worse still, baby sitters. etc. etc.

In short, it was quite an experience! Enjoyed myself thoroughly!

179 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment