Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 816: Monday Music!

I knew that it is going to be a tough week ahead. There is simply too many things to get done at work. So naturally Monday was not something I was looking forward to.

Given the mountain of work I was supposed to finish off, I had to wake up early and get to work at least 1.5 hours earlier than usual. I thought that with all that early rising, I would finish up quite a bit of work even before lunch time which would then make me feel good and later I can leave office at a reasonable time and go for yoga, which would make me feel even better.

So I did wake up early, I got to office early, realized that I was the first one in office, I did my work - a lot of it - through the morning, realized that the mountain had hardly budged by lunch time, so continued to work through the afternoon...and evening...and night and then realized that I was the last one to get out of office. In other words, the day didn't go exactly the way I had planned. Oh well.

BUT I was in a great mood through the day and I think it is because of my Monday Music.

When I realized that I was the first one in office, I felt very proud of myself for being such an early riser and to celebrate the occasion, I sang at the top of my voice. Yup. It was awesome! With an amazing 19th floor view and a floor full of empty chairs, desks, quiet printers & copiers, without the hustle of the papers or the buzz of the phones around me, I sang. I felt on top of the world.

Later at night, when I realized that I was once again all alone in the office, I repeated my music rendition. The view from the 19th floor was still amazing and once again a floor full of empty chairs, desks, quiet printers & copiers, without the hustle of the papers or the buzz of the phones surrounded me and I sang. I felt awesome!

An otherwise potentially shitty Monday became very easily beautiful!

184 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment